In case of a discrepancy between the Dutch text of the Terms and Conditions and this English translation, the Dutch text shall prevail.
- Author: The creator of the Work, Ruud Hanou – Ruudhanou.com, Tjalk 50, 2401 NC Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands;
- User: the natural or legal person who uses or would like to use the Services i.e. Othertongue;
- Ovjects: language objects that are characterized by a line image (‘clyph’) and a word equivalent in Synglish (see www. synglish.com ). Other characteristics may include a sponsor, a statement, a translation into the local language and the like;
- Website: Othertongue.com;
- Work: image language Othertongue comprising of Ovjects and grammatical rules.
User is allowed to:
- copy, distribute, display and use the Work and to produce from the Work derived materials;
- resize Ovjects, provided that they retain their original proportions and remain legible;
- use the Work for both commercial and non-commercial purposes.
Under the following conditions
- the Website is referred to as the source, expressed by ending Work with the Othertongue logo/icon in superscript and – if possible – with a link on that icon to the Website;
- without the prior written permission of Author no language objects may be added to the Work or to from Work derived materials;
- User will not develop (of have developed) a language with symbols and grammar similar to those of the Work;
- User will release from the Work derived material under a similar license, with a comparable, transferable, non-exclusive license.
Intellectual Property Infringement
In case of infringement of the intellectual property right of Maker by or on behalf of User, User is due to an immediately payable fine of EUR 1.000 plus EUR 250 for each day that the violation continues, without prejudice to Maker’s right to compensation.
Applicable law and choice of forum
Only the law of the Netherlands is applicable. Disputes concerning the legal relationship between Author and User will be submitted to the competent court in the district where Ruudhanou.com is established, unless imperative law prescribes otherwise.